Who amongst us hasn’t accidentally deleted photos or videos without realizing it? No need to panic: there are ways to recover your data whether you’re rooted or not. Time is always of the essence though: do not save anything else to your device until you attempt recovery. Turn off your Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connection so no automatic updates occur and overwrite your data before you’ve had a chance to get your lost files back.
If you are NOT ROOTED
If you don’t know what this means, you are most likely not rooted
1. Download UNDELETE
2. The application is very simple. The first thing to do is to select the storage device from which you want to retrieve your data (can be internal or external memory).
3. Then you scan the selected device.
4. The process may take between 2 and 10 minutes, depending on your memory size and the amount of stored data.
5. When finished you will be presented with retrievable data in several tabs: Files, Pictures, Music, Videos, Documents and Files. Recovered data returns to its place of origin, ie wherever it was saved before they were lost.
6. This option may only work partially (if there is a problem with your memory). In that case, proceed to the Recuva steps above, or use Wondershare or another root recovery program.